Crossgrip protective roof walkway matting
All weather safe access
Crossgrip is used on flat roofs to provide safe access for maintenance of roof top services. The matting is designed to be completely impervious to all weathers and its 14mm height provides permanent slip resistance, even in areas where water may pool. Its life is equal to or will exceed that of modern flat roofing materials. Crossgrip does not react with vinyl roofing membranes whilst offering continual protection to the roof’s covering from pedestrian traffic.
- Allows all-year round access regardless of weather conditions.
- Safe - permanent slip resistance.
- UV resistant.
- Protects roof membranes from damage.
- Open grid and self draining.
- Easy to lay and maintenance free.
Crossgrip roof walkway system is an open grid, self draining, non-porous, PVC roof walkway matting system which is used on flat roofs to provide safe access for maintenance of roof top services. Impervious to all-weathers, Crossgrip is a slip-resistant, self-draining product that remains stable even in extreme, gusting winds of up to 94 mph/150 km/h. It will protect the existing roof covering whether traditional asphalt, 3-layer felt or, most importantly, a modern high performance single ply membrane. Crossgrip does not react with vinyl roofing membranes whilst offering continual protection to the roof's covering from pedestrian traffic.
Cost effective roof walkway system
Easy to install without fixing and maintenance free, Crossgrip will equal the life of most modern roofing materials, and is a cost effective roof walkway matting system for a wide range of high-level applications.
A growing number of large commercial buildings and residential blocks are being constructed with flat roof structures for design and functionality purposes. As a result, there is an increasing need to provide regular, safe, flat roof access for the installation and essential maintenance of the machinery associated with the buildings' services - for example lifts, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, telecommunications and other service equipment.
The provision of continuous safe access to and from roof top safety exits and for the supply of on-going building services such as window cleaning is also vital. The importance of high level safety must extend to all personnel who work on gantries and walkways at extreme heights.
- Product code: CRO
- Width: 60, 91, 122 cm
- Height: 14 mm
- Length: 10 m
- Weight: 6.6 kg/m2
- Standard colours: light grey and black
- Composition: 100% flexible PVC
- Flammability: Classified as resistant to flame to DIN 4102 Part 1 - Classification B2
- Chemical: Resistant to most acids, alkalines and oils. Specific advice available from Plastex Extruders on request.
- Thermal: Functional from – 23ºC to +60ºC
- Slip Resistance : ASTM F 1677 (Dry/Wet): Crossgrip - (0.6/0.5)
- Flexible PVC Edging Roll 10.1m 33' (length) in 6cm 2.5" and 10cm 4" widths + Welding Paste in Dark Grey, Yellow or Black
- Connector Clips (Pack of 10)
- Vinyl Loops
- Stable in winds up to 94mph/ 150km/h Where winds in excess of 95mph are possible vinyl loops welded to the vinyl membrane are recommended
- Independent cold impact performance tests show that Crossgrip can generally withstand an impact weight of up to 1.5kgs from a 300mm drop at temperatures to minus 40°C